Sony WH-1000XM3 Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones
Experience the next level of silence
See what happens when it's just you and your music, with noise canceling that cuts more outside sound than ever before. And experience how smart headphones can be with advanced noise cancelling technology such as Adaptive Sound Control, and the convenience of smart features including Quick Attention, Voice Assistant compatibility and touch control.
Lose yourself in silence
Escape the sounds of the city with industry-leading noise cancelation 1 .The noise canceling technology in the WH-1000XM3 headphones is our most advanced ever with close fitting ear pads and our HD Noise Canceling Processor QN1.
More power = even less noise
With our new HD Noise Canceling Processor QN1, noise canceling power is greatly enhanced. Having a dedicated NC processor also ensures the reproduction of your music is never compromised due to processor performance.
Block out more
Most noise cancelling headphones are designed to block out vehicle noise when travelling. The WH-1000XM3 headphones are no exception, but are also highly effective at blocking out daily noise—like voices and the background sounds you might hear walking through a city.
Noise canceling made to fly
Unique Atmospheric Pressure Optimizing delivers optimal sound at high altitude.2
Wireless freedom, Great Sound in silence
LDAC transmits approximately three times more data (at the maximum transfer rate of 990 kbps) than conventional BLUETOOTH® wireless audio, allowing you to enjoy High-Resolution Audio content in exceptional quality, as close as possible to that of a dedicated wired connection
Sound you can believe in
A built-in amplifier integrated in HD Noise Cancelling Processor QN1 realizes the best-in-class signal-to-noise ratio and low distortion for portable devices, delivering exceptional sound quality. Powerful 40-mm drivers, with Liquid Crystal Polymer (LCP) diaphragms, make the headphones perfect for handling heavy beats and can reproduce a full range of frequencies up to 40 kHz.
Smart listening by SENSE ENGINE – automatically adjusts to your situation
See how Adaptive Sound Control automatically detects your activity such as traveling, walking and waiting, then adjusts ambient sound settings to you. And with Quick Attention, you can communicate without removing your headphones—simply place your hand over the housing to turn the volume down for instant conversation.
Automatically adjusts to whatever you do
Take trips without interruption and lose yourself in music with no background noise
Be aware of everything around you, from street to office, while still enjoying music.
Hear important announcements while you wait with reduced background noise.
Tailor sound to you
SENSE ENGINE™ gives you the power to tune in and out of your music at a touch.
Sony I Headphones Connect App
Download the Sony I Headphones Connect app to use Smart Listening by Adaptive Sound Control, control your ambient sound settings and adjust the sound levels with the equalizer.
Talk at a touch with Quick Attention
Communicate without taking your headphones off. Place your hand over the housing to turn the volume down for instant conversation.
Ambient Sound Control
Hear what's important with Ambient Sound Control. Adjust ambient sound with the Sony | Headphones Connect app to hear essential sounds when you're listening on the move.
Find your perfect sound tone for every song from the presets, also easily customizable to your preference with Sony | Headphones Connect APP.
Virtual surround sound
Feel immersed in sound wherever you are. Experience audio optimized for different listening environments including outdoor stages, clubs, halls, and arenas.
Sound Position Control
Choose the direction you want the sound to come from, just as you can with a wireless speaker.
Wear all day in total comfort
Super soft, pressure-relieving earpads in foamed urethane evenly distribute pressure and increase ear pad contact for a stable fit. Comfort is further enhanced by a larger and deeper ergonomic ear space structure. And with a lighter weight design, your music is the only thing you’ll notice all day.
Smarter than your average headphones
Everything is at your fingertips. Answer hands-free phone calls with a double tap, or change tracks, adjust the volume and make calls by touching or swiping the panel. And help from your phone’s voice assistant is just one long press away.
Be smarter with Voice Assistant
Manage your day, just by asking your assistant3. Enjoy entertainment, connect with friends, get information, listen to music and notifications, set reminders, and more4.
All-day power and quick charging
With a huge 30 hours of battery life, you'll have enough power for even long trips away. And if you need to charge in a hurry, you can get 5 hours' worth of charge after just 10 minutes with the optional AC adapter.5
Swivel foldable structure
The ear cups swivel inwards so they pack up neatly in a compact case.
Carry case with cable
The supplied carrying case is durable and includes a cable for wired listening.
1. As of August 30, 2018. According to research by Sony Corporation, measured using JEITA-compliant guidelines. In headband-style of wireless noise-canceling headphones market.
2. Please check airline policy before using your BLUETOOTH® connection.
3. The WH-1000XM3 offers an update for the Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa. Install the Google Assistant app and change the assignment of the noise canceling button with the Sony | Headphones Connect app, then press and hold the noise canceling button. For Amazon Alexa, install the Amazon Alexa app and change the assignment of the noise canceling button with the Sony | Headphones Connect app, then simply press the noise canceling button to get started.
4. Update of Firmware and the Sony | Headphones Connect App is required. Google is a trademark of Google LLC. Amazon, Alexa and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. The Google Assistant and Alexa are not available in all languages and countries/regions.
5.When using optional 1.5-A or more AC adapter.
Size & Weight
- Approx. 255 g
- Closed, dynamic
- 40 mm, dome type (CCAW Voice coil)
- 47 ohm (1 kHz) (when connecting via the headphone cable with the unit turned on) , 16 ohm (1 kHz) (when connecting via the headphone cable with the unit turned off)
- Aluminum coated LCP
- 4 Hz-40,000 Hz
FREQUENCY RESPONSE (ACTIVE OPERATION)
- 4 Hz-40,000 Hz
FREQUENCY RESPONSE (BLUETOOTH® COMMUNICATION)
- 20 Hz–20,000 Hz (44.1 kHz Sampling)/20 Hz–40,000 Hz (LDAC 96 kHz Sampling, 990 kbps)
- 104.5 dB / mW (1 kHz) (when connecting via the headphone cable with the unit turned on) , 101 dB / mW (1 kHz) (when connecting via the headphone cable with the unit turned off)
- Touch Sensor
- Single-sided (detachable)
- Headphone cable (approx. 1.2 m, OFC strands, gold-plated stereo mini plug)
- Gold-plated L-shaped stereo mini plug
- Stereo Mini Jack
BATTERY CHARGE TIME
- About three Hours (Full charge)
BATTERY CHARGE METHOD
BATTERY LIFE (CONTINUOUS MUSIC PLAYBACK TIME)
- Max. 30 hours (NC ON), Max. 38 hours (NC OFF)
BATTERY LIFE (WAITING TIME)
- Max. 30 hours (NC ON), Max. 200 hours (NC OFF)
- Version 4.2
- Line of sight approx. 10 m (30 ft)
- 2.4 GHz band (2.4000 GHz–2.4835 GHz)
- A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, HSP
SUPPORTED AUDIO FORMAT(S)
- SBC, AAC, aptX, aptX HD, LDAC
SUPPORTED CONTENT PROTECTION
NOISE CANCELING ON/OFF SWITCH
PERSONAL NC OPTIMIZER
ATMOSPHERIC PRESSURE OPTIMIZING
AMBIENT SOUND MODE
- Silver, Black
In the box
- What's In The Box
- Carrying Case
- Plug Adaptor for In-flight Use
- Connection Cable
- USB cable