Samsung Gear IconX R140 (2018)209-SAMHPN-SMR140BK
Leave your phone at home. The Gear IconX earbuds work as standalone media players when you upload music from your phone.* You can also create two more playlists: one favorite and one for the gym. Now you’re good to go. And if you do need your phone nearby, Gear IconX connects via Bluetooth.**
*Up to 1,000 tracks can be uploaded within the usable memory of 3.4GB.
**Compatible with devices that run Android 4.4 KitKat and above, and have a minimum of 1.5GB RAM. Galaxy phones users can transfer music files to Gear IconX either from the Galaxy phone or a PC via USB connectors or USB cables (not applicable to some Galaxy phones). Non-Galaxy Android phone users can transfer music files to Gear IconX from a PC via USB cable.
Simply tap to control
Play playlists, navigate tracks, and turn up the volume. It's all easily done with taps and swipes—without having to take out your phone.
- Single Tap - Play or pause track
- Double Tap - Play next track, Answer or end call
- Triple Tap - Play previous track
- Tap and Hold - Hear the menu readout, Reject call
- Double Tap and Hold - Play next playlist
- Swipe up/down - Volume up/down
On track with the built-in coach
When Gear IconX’s Auto Tracking mode detects walking or jogging, it logs your time, distance, and calories burned.* To stay focused while running, long press to start the built-in Running Coaching feature. Afterwards, sync your Gear IconX with the S Health app on your phone to log your progress.
Gear IconX (2018) is designed to resist splash. Its shell is allowed protection against temporary water splash during exercise.**
*Auto Tracking (Running/Walking) mode will work if you have been walking or running for more than 10 minutes.
**The result is based on internal testing.
Designed to be seamless
Fit to run
Tune out and focus on your fitness with Gear IconX. The cord-free earbuds are designed to stay securely in place, even in the midst of a workout. And their ergonomic design means you feel comfortable wearing them.
Just your style
With the sleek shape and your choice of colors, the Gear IconX earbuds are a seamless addition to any outfit, whether you're running errands or just running.
Hear your tunes clearly
Turn up the music and go with clear and stable audio quality. A new fitness-optimized driver offers substantial bass while a volume driver gives you a wider range of volume. The scalable Samsung codec makes sure you get a steady flow of music even during challenging situations.
- USB 2.0
- Bluetooth v4.2
- Gear IconX PC Manager
- Black, Gray, Pink
Compatible Specification of Smartphone
- Android 4.4 ↑ , 1.5GB ↑
- Charging Case
- Eartips (S, M, L)
- Quick Start Guide
- USB Connector(USB Type-B)
- USB Connector(USB Type-C)
- USB Cable,Wingtips (S, M, L)
Available Memory (GB)*
- 3.4 GB
Number of Songs
- Up to 1000
- Accelerometer,Proximity Sensor
Earbud Dimension (HxWxD)
- 21.8 x 18.9 x 22.8 mm
- 8 g
Case Dimension (HxWxD)
- 31.4 x 73.4 x 44.5 mm
- 54.5 g
Battery Capacity (Earbud)
- 82 mAh
Battery Capacity (Case)
- 340 mAh
Audio and Video
Audio Playing Format
- MP3,M4A,AAC,WAV,WMA (WMA v9)
Number of MIC (per Earbud)
- 2 EA
Services and Applications
- 9 Languages, Chinese Mandarin,English(US),French,German,Italian,Japanese,Korean,Russian,Spanish(US)
- Calories Burned,Distance,Duration,Speed
Samsung’s IconX 2018 are a definite step in the right direction, packing in loads of features for Android users in a sleek and compact package. But lingering functionality and battery issues and less than stellar audio fidelity keep them out of the running for our list of top contenders.
- Light and durable design
- Onboard music storage great for runners
- Feature packed (especially for Android users)
- Five-hour battery triples previous model
- Clear, relatively detailed midrange
- Charging case offers only one charge
- Some functionality still buggy
- Stereo channels wobbly over Bluetooth
- Fit not particularly comfortable
The Samsung Gear IconX is a completely wire-free pair of Bluetooth headphones with solid sound quality and the ability to track your workouts.
- Seamless, simple swipe-and-tap-based operation
- Built-in heart rate monitor, works with app for fitness tracking
- 4GB of internal storage for music
- Carrying case doubles as charging dock and portable charger
- Not for those seeking huge bass
- Delay with ambient mics
If you're looking to cut the cord and step onto the treadmill, Samsung's Gear Icon X are a fully-featured and comfortable, albeit flawed solution.
- Stunning design
- Onboard storage
- Compatible with iOS
- Super snug fit
- Sound quality isn't stellar
- Short battery life
We Also Recommend
Erato Apollo 7S Advanced True Wireless Stereo Earphones with 3D Surround Sound
M.Craftsman Boom Bluetooth Mini Speaker
Moshi Mythro Earbuds with Mic and Strap
LED RGBW Light Bulb with Bluetooth Speaker and Remote Control 12W E27