Apple Mac mini 2.3GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5 - 500GB (Mid 2011)
The Apple Mac mini features state-of-the-art processors, advanced graphics, Thunderbolt technology, and plenty of ports, making it a real overachiever. What’s more, it boasts a sleek aluminum design, an easy access to memory, and a built-in power supply, making the most of every square inch. So it is definitely worth your priority in choice.
UP TO 2X FASTER PROCESSORS
The latest dual-core Intel Core i5 processors come standard on Mac mini. The Apple Mac mini MC815ZP/A comes with 2.3GHz Intel Core i5 processor. With up to 2x the performance of the previous generation, Mac mini keeps up with computers twice its size. When you’re using processor-intensive applications, Turbo Boost 2.0 increases the clock speed automatically. And an integrated memory controller connects fast 1333MHz memory directly to the processor, so it gets right to work on your data. In short, Mac mini is a little box of vroom.
The Intel HD Graphics processor in the 2.3GHz Mac mini delivers plenty of power for everyday tasks like managing photos and editing HD video.
WI-FI AND BLUETOOTH
The latest 802.11n wireless technology is built into every Mac mini.3 It automatically connects to your Wi-Fi network, so you can get right down to surfing the web, printing, and streaming your music wirelessly. Bluetooth wireless technology is also built in, so you can connect accessories such as a wireless keyboard and mouse.
THUNDERBOLT. THE FASTEST, MOST VERSATILE I/O IN ANY DESKTOP. OF ANY SIZE
The new Thunderbolt technology in Mac mini is phenomenally fast. It features two 10-Gbps channels for data transfer. That’s up to 12 times faster than FireWire 800 and up to 20 times faster than USB 2.0. But beyond speed, Thunderbolt technology gives you unprecedented expansion capabilities. You can daisy-chain as many as six Thunderbolt peripherals, including the new Apple Thunderbolt Display. And since Thunderbolt is based on DisplayPort technology, your Mini DisplayPort devices plug right in, too.
It’s easy to connect Mac mini to the biggest screen in the house — your HDTV — courtesy of a built-in HDMI port. All it takes is one HDMI cable to start enjoying movies and TV shows from iTunes, surfing the web, and flipping through your photo library, all in brilliant HD. There’s also a handy control that lets you adjust the output on Mac mini to fill even the biggest HDTV screen. And when you just want to listen to music, you can play your entire iTunes collection through your home entertainment center, or stream it to a set of speakers in any room via an AirPort Express Base Station.
STORAGE AND MEMORY
Mac mini MC815ZP/A comes with a 500GB hard drive. So you can pack in your photo libraries, movies, music, files, and more, more, more. What’s more, it also comes with 2GB = of fast 1333MHz DDR3 memory. And thanks to a removable bottom panel, it’s easy to add more. Just give it a twist, and you’re in. Pop your new memory into the SO-DIMM slot, and you’re out. Or you can configure your Mac mini with 8GB of memory from the start at the Apple Online Store.
- Mid 2011
Size and Weight
The perfect fit for any desk.
- Height: 1.4 inches (3.6 cm)
- Width: 7.7 inches (19.7 cm)
- Depth: 7.7 inches (19.7 cm)
- Weight: 2.7 pounds (1.22kg)1
Processor and Memory
Powered by a dual-core Intel Core i5 and DDR3 memory.
- 2.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 with 3MB on-chip shared L3 cache
- 2GB of 1333MHz DDR3 memory
Configurable to 4GB or 8GB, only at the Apple Online Store.
- 500GB (5400-rpm) hard drive2
Configurable to 750GB (7200-rpm) hard drive.
- Intel HD Graphics 3000 processor with 288MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory3
Works with almost any display or HDTV.
- Thunderbolt port with support for up to 2560-by-1600 resolution
- HDMI port with support for up to 1920-by-1200 resolution
- DVI output using HDMI to DVI Adapter (included)
- Support for dual display and video mirroring
- Audio line in minijack (digital/analog)
- Audio line out/headphone minijack (digital/analog)
- HDMI port supports multichannel audio output
- Support for Apple iPhone headset with microphone
- Built-in speaker
Connections and Expansion
A new Thunderbolt port, an HDMI port, and plenty of peripheral ports.
- Thunderbolt port (up to 10 Gbps)
- FireWire 800 port (up to 800 Mbps)
- Four USB 2.0 ports (up to 480 Mbps)
- HDMI port
- SDXC card slot
- Gigabit Ethernet port
- Audio in/out
The latest Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Ethernet technologies.
- 802.11n Wi-Fi wireless networking;4 IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible
- Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
- 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet (RJ-45 connector)
Electrical and Operating Requirements
- Line voltage: 100-240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz, single phase
- Maximum continuous power: 85W
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
- Storage temperature: -40° to 116° F (-40° to 47° C)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
- Maximum altitude: 10,000 feet
- Typical acoustical performance
- Sound pressure level (operator position): 16 dBA at idle5
OS X Lion
- Includes Mail, Address Book, iCal, the Mac App Store, iTunes, Safari, Time Machine, FaceTime, Photo Booth, Mission Control, Launchpad, AirDrop, Resume, Auto Save, Versions, Quick Look, Spotlight, QuickTime, and more. Learn more about OS X Lion
- OS X Lion includes a built-in set of tools for repairing your Mac in the Recovery HD, a new feature that lets you repair disks or reinstall OS X Lion without a physical disc. Learn more about Lion Recovery
- Includes iPhoto, iMovie, and GarageBand. Learn more about iLife
1.Actual weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
2.1GB = 1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
3.Memory available to OS X may vary depending on graphics needs. Minimum graphics memory usage is 288MB.
4.Wireless Internet access requires a base station or other wireless access point and Internet access; fees may apply. Some ISPs are not currently compatible with AirPort.
5.Acoustics measured from typical operator position sitting in front of standard Mac mini system. Acoustics may vary by configuration.