Apple 12-inch MacBook 1.3GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5 - 512GB103-APPMCB-MNYG2ZP/A
Light. Years ahead.
Our goal with MacBook was to do the impossible: engineer a full‑size experience into the thinnest, lightest Mac notebook yet. And not only is it compact — it’s more powerful than ever. The new MacBook delivers up to 20 percent faster performance with new seventh‑generation Intel Core m3, i5, and i7 processors,1 and up to 50 percent faster SSD storage.2
More muscle in every millimeter.
Now equipped with seventh-generation Intel Core processors, MacBook is snappier than ever. From daily tasks like launching apps and opening files to more advanced computing, you can power through your day thanks to faster SSDs and Turbo Boost processing up to 3.6GHz.
We squeezed the most into it. And out of it.
Each component inside MacBook has been meticulously designed to get the most out of an incredibly thin and light enclosure. We chose powerful yet highly efficient processors, and optimized macOS to draw on the processor using as little power as possible. Because no fan is needed to cool the computer, it has more room for battery cells to support you on the go, all day long.
Inside you’ll find seventh-generation Intel Core m3, i5, and i7 processors with 14-nanometer process technology. This lets MacBook expertly combine energy efficiency with the performance needed to take on all sorts of tasks.
MacBook was built for virtually silent performance. Its processor runs on just 5 watts of power, which generates less heat and eliminates the need for a fan to cool the computer. Instead, the logic board is seated on an anisotropic graphite sheet that helps disperse any heat. So you won’t hear a thing while your MacBook is hard at work.
Storage and memory
Though its components are tiny, MacBook has an impressive capacity to store the files and run the applications you need every day. With up to 16GB of 1866MHz LPDDR3 onboard memory and up to 512GB of SSD storage, you get an amazingly thin and light notebook with snappy performance.
To achieve all-day battery life,3 we needed to use every millimeter of space inside MacBook. So we created an innovative terraced battery cell, custom shaped to fit the specific contours of the enclosure. The result is 35 percent more battery cell capacity than would have been possible before.
A Retina display that takes everything to the edge.
The stunning 12-inch Retina display on MacBook is truly something to behold. With over 3 million pixels and edge-to-edge glass, every image leaps off the screen in rich, vibrant detail. All on an amazingly thin Retina display.
To deliver the gorgeous Retina experience, we designed the pixels to create a larger aperture. This lets more light pass through, allowing us to use more energy-efficient LED backlighting, yet achieve the same vivid brightness.
A keyboard refined for an even better hands-on experience.
We believe that a comfortable, full-size keyboard is an essential part of any notebook. To fit one into MacBook, we designed a keyboard from the ground up — including each key and its underlying mechanism. This makes the whole keyboard not only much thinner, but also more comfortable and precise, so your fingers feel right at home.
Enhanced butterfly mechanism. Key to the keyboard.
Now, with our second-generation butterfly mechanism, the keyboard experience is refined for greater comfort and responsiveness. So when your finger strikes a key, it goes down and bounces back with a crisp motion that you’ll appreciate the moment you start typing.
The Force Touch trackpad. Press a little deeper, do a lot more.
The pressure-sensing capabilities of the Force Touch trackpad allow you to tell your MacBook what you want it to do based on subtle differences in pressure. Click anywhere to perform a variety of actions in different apps, all on the same surface, without lifting a finger. And the Taptic Engine provides haptic feedback that adds a sense of touch to what you see on the screen.
Multi-Touch. Precise control at your fingertips.
Multi-Touch gestures make it easy and intuitive to interact with your MacBook. Scroll in any direction, swipe through web pages, pinch, rotate, or Force click to unlock other useful capabilities.
Connect to everything you love. Anywhere you go.
With powerful technologies in an incredibly compact enclosure, MacBook is designed to fit perfectly into a world where just about anything you do with a notebook can be done over the air. For those moments when you do need to plug in, USB-C packs a ton of capability into one small and convenient port.
USB-C. Singularly versatile.
The USB-C port puts everything you need in a port all in one place. It provides charging, speedy USB data transfer (up to 5Gb/s), and video output in a reversible design that’s one-third the size of a USB 3 port, giving you the flexibility to easily connect your favorite devices.
Fully equipped for a wireless world.
MacBook takes full advantage of the latest 802.11ac Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2 wireless technologies — and with innovative Apple software and services that let you get the most out of them, you can wirelessly connect to the web, transfer files, organize your photos, listen to music, and more.
macOS is the operating system that powers everything you do on a Mac. macOS Sierra introduces Siri to Mac — along with new ways to enjoy your photos, shop more securely online, and work more seamlessly between devices.
1Testing conducted by Apple in March 2017 using preproduction 1.2GHz dual-core Intel Core m3-based 12-inch MacBook systems and shipping 1.1GHz dual-core Intel Core m3-based 12-inch MacBook units. All systems configured with 8GB of RAM. Tested with Pixelmator 3.6 Cordillera using a 7781x5189 Pixelmator document. MacBook continuously monitors system thermal and power conditions, and may adjust performance as needed to maintain optimal system operation.
2Testing conducted by Apple in March 2017 using preproduction 1.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5-based 12-inch MacBook systems and shipping 1.2GHz dual-core Intel Core m5-based 12-inch MacBook units. All systems configured with a 512GB SSD and 8GB of RAM. Tested with FIO-2.17, 1024KB request size, 150GB test file and IO depth=8. MacBook continuously monitors system thermal and power conditions, and may adjust performance as needed to maintain optimal system operation.
3Battery life varies by use and configuration.
- Mid 2017
- Rose Gold
- Space Gray
- Retina display
- 12-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display with IPS technology
- 2304-by-1440 resolution at 226 pixels per inch with support for millions of colors
- 16:10 aspect ratio
- Supported scaled resolutions:
- 1440 by 900
- 1280 by 800
- 1024 by 640
- 1.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.2GHz, with 4MB L3 cache
- Configurable to 1.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz, with 4MB L3 cache
- 8GB of 1866MHz LPDDR3 onboard memory
- Configurable to 16GB of memory
- 512GB PCIe-based onboard SSD1
Size and Weight
- Height: 0.14–0.52 inch (0.35–1.31 cm)
- Width: 11.04 inches (28.05 cm)
- Depth: 7.74 inches (19.65 cm)
- Weight: 2.03 pounds (0.92 kg)2
Graphics and Video Support
- Intel HD Graphics 615
- Dual display and video mirroring: simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 4096-by-2304 resolution at 60Hz on an external display, both at millions of colors
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless networking; IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible
- Bluetooth 4.2 wireless technology
Charging and Expansion
USB-C port with support for:
- USB 3.1 Gen 1 (up to 5 Gbps)
- Native DisplayPort 1.2 video output
- VGA output using USB-C VGA Multiport Adapter (sold separately)
- HDMI video output using USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter (sold separately)
- 480p FaceTime camera
- Stereo speakers
- Dual microphones
- 3.5 mm headphone jack
Keyboard and Trackpad
Full-size keyboard with:
- 78 (U.S.) or 79 (ISO) individual LED backlit keys, including 12 function keys and 4 arrow keys
- Ambient light sensor
- Force Touch trackpad for precise cursor control and pressure-sensing capabilities; enables Force clicks, accelerators, pressure-sensitive drawing, and Multi-Touch gestures
Battery and Power
- Up to 10 hours wireless web3
- Up to 12 hours iTunes movie playback3
- Up to 30 days of standby time3
- Built-in 41.4-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery
- 29W USB-C Power Adapter; USB-C power port
Electrical and Operating Requirements
- Line voltage: 100V–240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
- Storage temperature: -13° to 113° F (-25° to 45° C)
- Relative humidity: 0% to 90% noncondensing
- Operating altitude: tested up to 10,000 feet
- Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet
- Maximum shipping altitude: 35,000 feet
- macOS is the operating system that powers everything you do on a Mac. macOS Sierra introduces Siri to Mac4 — along with new ways to enjoy your photos, shop more securely online, and work more seamlessly between devices.
- Accessibility features help people with disabilities get the most out of their new MacBook. With built-in support for vision, hearing, physical and motor skills, and learning and literacy, you can create and do amazing things.
- Increase Contrast
- Reduce Motion
- Siri and Dictation
- Switch Control
- Closed Captions
- Text to Speech
- Photo Booth
- App Store
- Time Machine
In the Box
- 29W USB-C Power Adapter
- USB-C Charge Cable (2 m)
1.1GB = 1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
2.Weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
3.Testing conducted by Apple in March 2017 using preproduction 1.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5-based 12-inch MacBook systems with a 512GB SSD and 8GB of RAM. The wireless web test measures battery life by wirelessly browsing 25 popular websites with display brightness set to 12 clicks from bottom or 75%. The iTunes movie playback test measures battery life by playing back HD 1080p content with display brightness set to 12 clicks from bottom or 75%. The standby test measures battery life by allowing a system, connected to a wireless network and signed in to an iCloud account, to enter standby mode with Safari and Mail applications launched and all system settings left at default. Battery life varies by use and configuration.
4.Siri may not be available in all languages or in all areas, and features may vary by area.
5.iMovie, GarageBand, Pages, Numbers, and Keynote are available on the Mac App Store. Downloading apps requires an Apple ID and a device that is compatible with the OS version required for each app.
We Also Recommend
Apple Silicone Case for iPad mini 4
Apple Smart Case for iPad 2/3/4 - Polyurethane - Light Gray
Apple Watch Series 3, Space Gray Aluminum Case with Gray Sport Band - GPS + Cellular
Apple 15-inch MacBook Pro with Touch Bar and Touch ID 2.8GHz Quad-Core i7 - 256GB