Apple 12-inch MacBook 1.1GHz Dual-Core Intel Core M - 256GB (Early 2015)103-APPMCB-MF855ZP/A
The new MacBook
With the new MacBook, we set out to do the impossible: engineer a full-size experience into the lightest and most compact Mac notebook ever. That meant reimagining every element to make it not only lighter and thinner but also better. The result is more than just a new notebook. It’s the future of the notebook.
A full-size keyboard.
In a fraction of the space.
We believe that a comfortable, full-size keyboard is essential for a great notebook experience. But to fit one into the elegantly thin new MacBook, we had to completely rethink how a keyboard is engineered and constructed. To create the new keyboard, we redesigned each key and its underlying mechanism — not only making the whole keyboard much thinner, but also allowing for more comfortable, precise, and responsive typing that just feels right.
The moment you open the new MacBook, its gorgeous 12?inch Retina display with edge-to-edge glass brings everything into focus. Every photo leaps off the screen in rich, vibrant detail. Over 3 million pixels render each letter with crystal clarity. And it all comes to light on the thinnest, most energy-efficient Retina display ever on a Mac, meticulously honed to deliver a bold visual experience within an impossibly minimal design.
The trackpad, pushed even further with Force Touch.
With the new MacBook comes a whole new way to experience a trackpad. The Force Touch trackpad is engineered to deliver a responsive, uniform click no matter where you press the surface. And underneath, force sensors detect how much pressure you’re applying and give you new ways to interact with your Mac. You can now use a Force click to enable new capabilities, like quickly looking up the definition of a word or previewing a file just by clicking and continuing to press on the trackpad. You’ll also experience haptic feedback — a tactile vibration from the trackpad that adds the sense of touch to what you see on the screen. These advanced capabilities work in addition to all the intuitive Multi-Touch gestures Mac users love. You’ll be more in touch with your Mac than ever before. Without lifting a finger.
Fully equipped for a wireless world.
The new MacBook is designed to fit effortlessly into our increasingly wireless world. Just about anything you do with a notebook can now be done over the air, thanks to Apple software that takes full advantage of the latest Wi?Fi and Bluetooth wireless technology. So no matter where you are, you can connect to the web, transfer files, organize your photos, listen to music, and more — without being tied down.
With one amazing port.
The most efficient way to charge a notebook is by connecting a charger to a port. And as long as we were going to include a port for charging the new MacBook, we wanted to make sure it was the most advanced and versatile one available. The new USB?C port puts just about everything you need in a port all in one place. This amazing port provides charging, speedy USB 3 data transfer, and video output in a small, reversible design that’s one-third the size of the current USB port.
The new MacBook has been engineered from the ground up for silent, efficient performance. It starts with a fifth-generation Intel Core M processor that runs on just 5 watts of power, made even more efficient by optimizations throughout OS X Yosemite. Together the processor and OS X sip so little energy that the system generates very little heat, so no fan is required to cool the computer. That means when your MacBook is working, you won’t hear a thing. And the logic board on which the processor sits has been completely redesigned to pack all the capability you expect in a Mac into as little space as possible.
All-day battery life.
We know people rely on Apple notebooks for all-day battery life, regardless of how compact they are. And with the slim new MacBook enclosure, all-day battery life simply would not be achievable using traditional rectangular batteries. So we developed our own unique battery technology specifically designed to make use of every last millimeter of available space. The result is a terraced, contoured battery design that not only fits perfectly inside the incredibly slim MacBook, but also is unlike anything seen before in a notebook.
OS X is the operating system that powers every Mac. Built on a rock-solid UNIX foundation, it’s engineered to take full advantage of what the hardware is capable of. It’s designed to be as easy to use as it is beautiful to look at. It comes with an amazing collection of apps you’ll use — and love — every day. And it enables your Mac and iOS devices to work wonderfully together.
Every Mac comes with apps for creativity and apps for productivity. It also comes with a collection of great apps for things you do every day, like surfing the web, sending mail and messages, and organizing your calendar. It even comes with an app for finding new apps. Your Mac is more than full featured, it’s fully loaded.
- Early 2015
- Space Gray
- 12-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display with IPS technology
- 2304-by-1440 resolution at 226 pixels per inch with support for millions of colors
- 16:10 aspect ratio
- Supported scaled resolutions:
- 1440 by 900
- 1280 by 800
- 1024 by 640
- 1.1GHz dual-core Intel Core M processor (Turbo Boost up to 2.4GHz) with 4MB shared L3 cache
- Configurable to 1.3GHz dual-core Intel Core M processor (Turbo Boost up to 2.9GHz) with 4MB shared L3 cache.
- 8GB of 1600MHz LPDDR3 onboard memory
- 256GB PCIe-based onboard flash storage1
Size and Weight
- Height: 0.14–0.52 inch (0.35–1.31 cm)
- Width: 11.04 inches (28.05 cm)
- Depth: 7.74 inches (19.65 cm)
- Weight: 2.03 pounds (0.92 kg)2
Graphics and Video Support
- Intel HD Graphics 5300
- Dual display and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 3840 by 2160 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless networking;IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible
- Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
Charging and Expansion
- USB-C port with support for:
- USB 3.1 Gen 1 (up to 5 Gbps)
- Native DisplayPort 1.2 video output
- VGA output using USB-C VGA Multiport Adapter (sold separately)
- HDMI video output using USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter (sold separately)
- 480p FaceTime camera
- Stereo speakers
- Dual microphones
- Headphone port
- Support for Apple iPhone headset with remote and microphone
Keyboard and Trackpad
- Full-size keyboard with 78 (U.S.) or 79 (ISO) individual LED backlit keys, including 12 function keys and 4 arrow keys with ambient light sensor
- Force Touch trackpad for precise cursor control and pressure-sensing capabilities; enables Force clicks, accelerators, pressure-sensitive drawing, and Multi-Touch gestures
Battery and Power
- Up to 9 hours wireless web3
- Up to 10 hours iTunes movie playback3
- Built-in 39.7-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery
- 29W USB-C Power Adapter; USB-C power port
Electrical and Operating Requirements
- Line voltage: 100V–240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
- Storage temperature: -13° to 113° F (-25° to 45° C)
- Relative humidity: 0% to 90% noncondensing
- Operating altitude: tested up to 10,000 feet
- Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet
- Maximum shipping altitude: 35,000 feet
OS X Yosemite
Engineered to take full advantage of your Mac hardware, OS X Yosemite is intuitive and easy to use. It features an elegant design, includes enhancements to the apps you use most, and enables your Mac and iOS devices to work together in amazing ways.
OS X Yosemite includes
- Notification Center
- Facebook Integration
- Twitter Integration
- Mail Drop
- Multiple Display Support
- Finder Tabs and Tags
- iCloud Keychain
- iCloud Drive
- Family Sharing
- Mission Control
- Spotlight Search
- Safari Power Saver
- App Nap
- Power Nap
- Compressed Memory
- Built-in Sharing
- Time Machine
- Photo Booth
- Mac App Store
- Game Center
1. 1GB = 1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
2. Weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
3. Testing conducted by Apple in February 2015 using preproduction 1.2GHz Intel Core M-based 12-inch MacBook systems with 512GB of flash storage and 8GB of RAM. The wireless web test measures battery life by wirelessly browsing 25 popular websites with display brightness set to 12 clicks from bottom or 75%. The HD movie playback test measures battery life by playing back HD 1080p content with display brightness set to 12 clicks from bottom or 75%. Battery life varies by use and configuration.
See www.apple.com/batteries for more information.
4. Pages, Numbers, and Keynote are free on the Mac App Store for qualifying Mac computers purchased on or after October 1, 2013. OS X Yosemite required. Downloading apps requires an Apple ID.
We Also Recommend
Apple Airpods - White
Apple Silicone Case for iPad mini 4
Apple Smart Case for iPad 2/3/4 - Polyurethane
Apple iPhone X 64GB