Samsung Galaxy S9 G9600 64GB 4G/LTE101-SAMGS9-SMG960064GBBK
The Camera. Reimagined
The revolutionary camera that adapts like the human eye.
Capture stunning pictures in bright daylight and super low light.
Our category-defining Dual Aperture lens adapts like the human eye. It's able to automatically switch between various lighting conditions with ease—making your photos look great whether it's bright or dark, day or night.
*Dual Aperture supports F1.5 and F2.4 modes. Installed on the rear camera (Galaxy S9)/rear wide camera (Galaxy S9+).
F1.5 aperture mode
If it's dark, the lens opens to F1.5 mode to pull in light for a bright and clear photo.
F2.4 aperture mode
In the daylight, the lens shifts to F2.4 mode to help your picture come out sharp.
Low light photos
The camera that's brilliant in the dark.
The F1.5 aperture mode finds light even in the dark. So the low light camera delivers vibrant photos late into the night. Meaning your camera no longer has a curfew.
The camera that slows down time, making everyday moments epic.
*Super Slow-mo only supports HD resolution. Limited to 20 shots per video with approximately 0.2 seconds of recording and 6 seconds of playback for each shot.
Add music. Make GIFs. Get likes.
Super Slow-mo lets you see the things you could have missed in the blink of an eye. Set the video to music or turn it into a looping GIF, and share it with a tap. Then sit back and watch the reactions roll in.
The camera that turns you into an emoji, so you’re not the “you” everyone else is.
Create an Augmented Reality version of yourself simply by taking a selfie. Then share your real-life feelings as emoji stickers and videos.
Express your emotions with AR Emoji stickers.
Liven up your chats using AR Emoji stickers and videos.
*Apps that do not support animated GIFs may still send AR Emoji stickers as a still image.
The camera that can instantly read what your eyes can't.
Get real-time translation when you need it. Live Translation lets you see the world in a new way.
*Available functions and features may vary by country.
*Samsung Account login and data network (Wi-Fi or internet connection) required. Translation speed may vary depending on internet connection and word count. This function is limited to selected languages.
The camera that recognizes you instantly.
Intelligent Scan is a new technology that combines face recognition and iris scan to make unlocking simple even in low light.
*Image simulated for illustrative purposes.
*Accuracy of Intelligent Scan may differ depending on surrounding conditions.
Multi Device Experience
Share your screen to your other Samsung screens, hassle-free.
Easily share photos and videos you've made by syncing your devices through your Samsung Account. So you can be at home even when you're someplace else.
*Images simulated for illustrative purposes.
*Available functions may vary by country, carrier, network environment, or product.
The phone with an uninterrupted display.
See photos and videos as you want to see them: showcased on a beautiful edge-to-edge screen.
*Image simulated for illustration purposes.
*Infinity Display: a near bezel-less, full-frontal glass, edge-to-edge screen.
Surround sound stereo speakers
The phone that surrounds you in Dolby Atmos sound on stereo speakers tuned by AKG.
Hear the action with clarity thanks to the pure sound of stereo speakers tuned by AKG. The addition of Dolby Atmos delivers rich and vibrant sound, giving you a theater-like audio experience.
Plenty of ways to make it your own.
Protect your phone with a wide selection of stylish covers.
*Accessories sold separately. Availability of accessories may vary by country.
- 2.8GHz, 1.7GHz
- 146.5mm (5.8" full rectangle) / 143.3mm (5.6" rounded corners)
Resolution (Main Display)
- 2960 x 1440 (Quad HD+)
Technology (Main Display)
- dual edge Super AMOLED
Colour Depth (Main Display)
S Pen Support
*Display Size: Measured diagonally, the screen size is 5.8" in the full rectangle and 5.6" when accounting for the rounded corners.
Main Camera - Resolution
- 12.0 MP
Main Camera - F Number
- F1.5/F2.4 (Dual Aperture)
Main Camera - Auto Focus
Rear Camera - OIS
Front Camera - Resolution
- 8.0 MP
Front Camera - F Number
Front Camera - Auto Focus
Main Camera - Flash
Video Recording Resolution
- UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) @60fps
- 960fps @HD, 240fps @FHD
RAM Size (GB)
ROM Size (GB)
Available Memory (GB)*
External Memory Support
- MicroSD (Up to 400GB)
Number of SIM
- Nano-SIM (4FF)
SIM Slot Type
- SIM 1 + Hybrid (SIM or MicroSD)
- 2G GSM, 2G CDMA, 3G WCDMA, 3G CDMA, 3G TD-SCDMA, 4G FDD LTE, 4G TDD LTE
- GSM850, GSM900, DCS1800, PCS1900
- B1(2100), B2(1900), B4(AWS), B5(850), B8(900)
- B34(2010), B39(1880)
4G FDD LTE
- B1(2100), B2(1900), B3(1800), B4(AWS), B5(850), B7(2600), B8(900), B12(700), B13(700), B17(700), B18(800), B19(800), B20(800), B25(1900), B26(850), B28(700), B66(AWS-3)
4G TDD LTE
- B34(2010), B38(2600), B39(1900), B40(2300), B41(2500)
- USB Type-C
- USB 3.1 Gen 1
- GPS, Glonass, Beidou, Galileo
- 3.5mm Stereo
- 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2.4G+5GHz, VHT80 MU-MIMO,1024-QAM
- Bluetooth v5.0 (LE up to 2 Mbps)
- Smart Switch (PC version)
- Lilac Purple, Midnight Black
- Touch Bar
- Accelerometer, Barometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, HR Sensor, Iris Sensor, Pressure Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor
Dimension (HxWxD, mm)
- 147.7 x 68.7 x 8.5
Standard Battery Capacity (mAh)
Audio and Video
Video Playing Format
- MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3G2, WMV, ASF, AVI, FLV, MKV, WEBM
Video Playing Resolution
- UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) @60fps
Audio Playing Format
- MP3, M4A, 3GA, AAC, OGG, OGA, WAV, WMA, AMR, AWB, FLAC, MID, MIDI, XMF, MXMF, IMY, RTTTL, RTX, OTA, DFF, DSF, APE
Services and Applications
- Gear Circle (Manager Support), Gear Fit, Gear Fit2, Gear Fit2 Pro, Gear Sport, Gear1, Gear2, Gear2 Neo, Gear S, Gear S2, Gear S3, Gear IconX, Gear VR with Controller, Gear 360, Gear 360 (2017)
Samsung DeX Support
The Galaxy S9 is an evolution rather than a revolution, but Samsung has upgraded it in all the right places.
- The Infinity Display is even better than the one on the S8.
- Camera takes fantastic pics in all kinds of light.
- Fingerprint sensor is in a much better location.
- Camera features like Dual Aperture and Super Slow-mo are a little gimmicky.
- AR Emoji is fun but not as advanced as Apple's Animoji.
- The single camera is great, but the S9+'s dual camera would have been better.
The Galaxy S9 is a comfortable and compact phone that offers a fantastic camera and great performance, but is it one of the best smartphones on the market? We do think the S9 Plus is worth it for the second, versatile camera, but the S9’s perfect size makes it hard to ignore.
- Excellent display
- Great 5.8-inch size
- Good speakers
- Strong performance
- Stunning low-light camera
- Battery life is lower than competition
- Slow Android updates
- Camera not as versatile as S9 Plus
At first glance, the Galaxy S9 looks unspectacular, because apart from the repositioning of the fingerprint sensor, Samsung seems not to have changed anything on the surface. Only after you hold the Galaxy S9 in your hand and compare it side-by-side to the Galaxy S8 are the changes in detail noticeable. In addition, Samsung gave the Galaxy S9 a useful hardware update under the hood. Especially the camera with its dual aperture and Super Slow Motion function, along with the stereo speakers, make the Galaxy S9 a very interesting smartphone for the first half of 2018.
- Unoriginal design
- Slow unlocking
- Battery life
- Bixby wake-up
We Also Recommend
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A 16GB 4G/LTE Dual SIM (Mainland Version)
Samsung Galaxy A8 A530FD 64GB 4G/LTE Dual SIM (2018)
Samsung Galaxy S9+ G9650 256GB 4G/LTE Dual SIM