Apple 13-inch MacBook Pro with Touch Bar and Touch ID 3.1GHz Dual-Core i5 - 256GB (Mid 2017)103-APPMBP-MPXV2ZP/A
A touch of genius.
It’s razor thin, feather light, and even faster and more powerful than before. It has the brightest, most colorful Mac notebook display ever. And it features the Touch Bar — a Multi-Touch enabled strip of glass built into the keyboard for instant access to the tools you want, right when you want them. MacBook Pro is built on groundbreaking ideas. And it’s ready for yours.
Touch Bar and Touch ID
A revolutionary new way to use your Mac.
The Touch Bar replaces the function keys that have long occupied the top of your keyboard with something much more versatile and capable. It changes automatically based on what you’re doing to show you relevant tools you already know how to use — system controls like volume and brightness, interactive ways to adjust or browse through content, intelligent typing features like emoji and predictive text, and more. And now Touch ID is available on a Mac, enabling instant access to logins and fast, secure online purchases with Apple Pay.
Touch ID arrives on Mac.
Now you can unlock your Mac in an instant. Use Apple Pay to make secure online purchases. Quickly access system settings and locked notes. And even switch between users — all with the touch of a finger.
Your favorite apps. Now with Touch Bar.
The Touch Bar can change how you experience the apps you use every day — like Photoshop, Microsoft Office, DaVinci Resolve, Logic Pro X, and others. Key tools and features appear right on the Touch Bar, so they’re easier to discover and use. It’s a dynamic canvas that developers can use to add a new dimension of interactivity to current and future apps.
MacBook Pro elevates the notebook to a whole new level of performance and portability. Wherever your ideas take you, you’ll get there faster than ever with cutting-edge graphics, high-performance processors, whip-smart storage, and more.
Eye-opening graphics performance.
Every 13-inch model features powerful integrated graphics with 64MB of embedded DRAM, which accelerates graphics tasks. That means more time for what matters most — creating amazing work.
Speedy SSD storage. Snap to everything.
MacBook Pro includes a solid-state drive that’s blazing fast, with sequential read speeds up to 3.2GB/s.
Processors that provide incredible power. And use incredibly little.
With seventh-generation Intel Core processors, MacBook Pro delivers amazing performance, with Turbo Boost frequencies up to 4.1GHz. So you can move fast — even when powering through pro-level processing jobs like rendering 3D models and encoding video. At the same time, it can conserve energy when taking on lighter tasks, like browsing the web and checking email. And 10-bit HEVC hardware acceleration comes standard on MacBook Pro, which will let you take even more advantage of the boosts in 4K video compression and streaming performance coming in macOS High Sierra.
Impressive all-day battery life.
MacBook Pro packs more performance into a thin design, yet still provides all-day battery life — up to 10 hours for both the 13-inch and 15-inch models. So you’re free to keep watching, gaming, and editing from wherever you are.
The coolest thing you’ll never see.
The thinner the notebook, the less space for cooling. So MacBook Pro incorporates innovations throughout the system that efficiently eliminate heat — increasing airflow during intensive tasks like editing video, playing graphics-heavy games, and transferring huge files.
The brightest, most colorful Mac notebook display ever.
The display in the MacBook Pro is the best ever in a Mac notebook. It features bright LED backlighting and a high contrast ratio, delivering deep blacks and bright whites. Its large pixel aperture and variable refresh rate make it power efficient. And it supports wide color for even more vibrant greens and reds than with sRGB. This makes for more true-to-life pictures with realistically vivid details — essential for graphic design, color grading, and editing.
MacBook Pro features P3 color, which makes 25 percent more colors available than standard RGB — revealing a much broader range of greens and reds.
Speakers that speak for themselves. Loudly.
Enjoy beautifully balanced, high-fidelity sound that takes listening to new levels with wide dynamic range and more bass for maximum boom. The speakers are connected directly to system power, enabling greater peak amplification. So they make MacBook Pro the perfect choice for mixing a track on the fly, editing video on location, or enjoying a movie on the go.
Keyboard and Trackpad
More responsive keyboard. More expansive trackpad.
Interacting with MacBook Pro is a smooth experience all around. The keyboard features our second-generation butterfly mechanism — providing four times more key stability than a traditional scissor mechanism, along with greater comfort and responsiveness. And the spacious Force Touch trackpad gives your fingers plenty of room to gesture and click.
The most powerful and versatile port ever.
Thunderbolt 3 combines ultra-high bandwidth with the ultra-versatility of the USB-C industry standard to create one revved-up universal port. It integrates data transfer, charging, and video output in a single connector, delivering up to 40Gb/s of throughput for twice the bandwidth of Thunderbolt 2. Both sizes of MacBook Pro are available with four ports, so you can do all that from either side. Existing devices are easily connected with a cable or adapter. And Thunderbolt 3 is reversible, so no matter how you plug in, it’s always right side up.
It’s why there’s nothing else like a Mac.
macOS is the operating system that powers every Mac. It’s engineered to take full advantage of the hardware and designed to be as easy to use as it is beautiful to look at. macOS includes an amazing collection of apps you’ll use — and love — every day. It also features iCloud and other innovative ways for your Mac, iOS devices, and Apple Watch to work together.
- Get more done on your Mac just by asking Siri.
- Work seamlessly between all of your Apple devices.
- Store files in iCloud automatically and access them on any device.
- Mid 2017
- Touch Bar with integrated Touch ID sensor
- Space Gray
- Retina display
- 13.3-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display with IPS technology; 2560-by-1600 native resolution at 227 pixels per inch with support for millions of colors
- Supported scaled resolutions:
- 1680 by 1050
- 1440 by 900
- 1024 by 640
- 500 nits brightness
- Wide color (P3)
- 3.1GHz dual-core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.5GHz, with 64MB of eDRAM
- Configurable to 3.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.7GHz, with 64MB of eDRAM; or 3.5GHz dual-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 4.0GHz, with 64MB of eDRAM
- 256GB PCIe-based onboard SSD
- Configurable to 512GB or 1TB SSD
- 8GB of 2133MHz LPDDR3 onboard memory
- Configurable to 16GB of memory
- Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650
Charging and Expansion
Four Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports with support for:
- Thunderbolt (up to 40 Gbps)
- USB 3.1 Gen 2 (up to 10 Gbps)
Keyboard and Trackpad
Full-size backlit keyboard with:
- 64 (U.S.) or 65 (ISO) keys including 4 arrow keys
- Touch Bar with integrated Touch ID sensor
- Ambient light sensor
- Force Touch trackpad for precise cursor control and pressure-sensing capabilities; enables Force clicks, accelerators, pressure-sensitive drawing, and Multi-Touch gestures
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless networking; IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible
- Bluetooth 4.2 wireless technology
- 720p FaceTime HD camera
Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display at millions of colors and:
- One display with 5120-by-2880 resolution at 60Hz at over a billion colors
- Up to two displays with 4096-by-2304 resolution at 60Hz at millions of colors
- Up to two displays with 3840-by-2160 resolution at 60Hz at over a billion colors
Thunderbolt 3 digital video output
- Native DisplayPort output over USB‑C
- VGA, HDMI, and Thunderbolt 2 output supported using adapters (sold separately)
- Stereo speakers with high
- dynamic range
- Two microphones
- 3.5 mm headphone jack
Battery and Power2
- Up to 10 hours wireless web
- Up to 10 hours iTunes movie playback
- Up to 30 days of standby time
- Built-in 49.2-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery
- 61W USB-C Power Adapter
Electrical and Operating Requirements
- Line voltage: 100V to 240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
- Storage temperature: –13° to 113° F (–25° to 45° C)
- Relative humidity: 0% to 90% noncondensing
- Operating altitude: tested up to 10,000 feet
- Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet
- Maximum shipping altitude: 35,000 feet
Size and Weight
- Height: 0.59 inch (1.49 cm)
- Width: 11.97 inches (30.41 cm)
- Depth: 8.36 inches (21.24 cm)
- Weight: 3.02 pounds (1.37 kg)3
- macOS is the operating system that powers everything you do on a Mac. macOS Sierra introduces Siri to Mac4 — along with new ways to enjoy your photos, shop more securely online, and work more seamlessly between devices.
- Accessibility features help people with disabilities get the most out of their new MacBook Pro. With built-in support for vision, hearing, physical and motor skills, and learning and literacy, you can create and do amazing things.
- Increase Contrast
- Reduce Motion
- Siri and Dictation
- Switch Control
- Closed Captions
- Text to Speech
- Photo Booth
- App Store
- Time Machine
What’s in the Box
- 13-inch MacBook Pro
- 61W USB-C Power Adapter
- USB-C Charge Cable (2 m)
1. 1GB = 1 billion bytes and 1TB = 1 trillion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
2. Testing conducted by Apple in May 2017 using preproduction 2.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5-based 13-inch MacBook Pro systems with a 1TB SSD and 8GB of RAM; and preproduction 3.1GHz dual-core Intel Core i5-based 13-inch MacBook Pro systems with a 512GB SSD and 8GB of RAM. The wireless web test measures battery life by wirelessly browsing 25 popular websites with display brightness set to 12 clicks from bottom or 75%. The iTunes movie playback test measures battery life by playing back HD 1080p content with display brightness set to 12 clicks from bottom or 75%. The standby test measures battery life by allowing a system, connected to a wireless network and signed in to an iCloud account, to enter standby mode with Safari and Mail applications launched and all system settings left at default. Battery life varies by use and configuration.
3. Weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
4. Siri may not be available in all languages or in all areas, and features may vary by area.
5. iMovie, GarageBand, Pages, Numbers, and Keynote are available on the Mac App Store. Downloading apps requires an Apple ID and a device that is compatible with the OS version required for each app.
We Also Recommend
Apple iPhone XS 64GB
Apple iPhone XS Max 64GB
Apple iPhone XR 64GB
Apple 15-inch MacBook Pro with Touch Bar and Touch ID 2.8GHz Quad-Core i7 - 256GB (Mid 2017)