Apple 15-inch MacBook Pro with Touch Bar 2.3GHz 8-core - 512GB (2019)
With great power comes great capability.
MacBook Pro elevates the notebook to a whole new level of performance and portability. Wherever your ideas take you, you’ll get there faster than ever with high‑performance processors and memory, advanced graphics, blazing‑fast storage, and more.
Retouch, edit, and work with high-resolution photos in Photoshop at lightning speed.
Build code, run multiple virtual machines, and see your work take shape — faster than ever before.
Edit multicam clips in Final Cut Pro X using up to 11 streams of Apple ProRes RAW 4K video on the 15-inch MacBook Pro.1
Experience smooth real-time performance when rendering 3D models in Cinema 4D.
Play a graphics-intensive game like Fortnite and enjoy responsive performance and vivid detail.
More power at its cores.
With the latest Intel Core processors, MacBook Pro reaches new heights in compute performance. The 15‑inch model now features a ninth-generation 8-core Intel Core i9 processor that reaches Turbo Boost speeds up to 5.0GHz. Giving 3D graphics apps like Autodesk Maya 40% faster render speeds compared to the previous generation 6-core processor and up to 2x faster render speeds than a quad-core processor.2 And a new eighth-generation quad‑core processor on the 13‑inch MacBook Pro with Touch Bar makes it ready to take on even the toughest tasks. So when you’re powering through pro‑level processing jobs like compiling code, rendering 3D models, adding special effects, layering multiple tracks, or encoding video, you’ll get everything done. Faster.
Run more. Wait less.
For faster performance when working with large files, or running multiple pro apps or virtual machines, the 15‑inch MacBook Pro can be configured with up to 32GB of high‑performance 2400MHz DDR4 memory.
Eye-opening graphics performance.
MacBook Pro features a Radeon Pro discrete GPU in every 15‑inch model, combining impressive power with remarkable power efficiency. And we’ve paired each discrete GPU with 4GB of GDDR5 memory standard, giving you fluid, real‑time performance for pro tasks like rendering 3D titles in Final Cut Pro X. The 13‑inch model with Touch Bar features powerful integrated graphics with 128MB of embedded DRAM, which accelerates graphics tasks. That means more time for what matters most — creating amazing work.
Radeon Pro Vega graphics.
The 15-inch MacBook Pro offers Radeon Pro Vega GPU options — the first discrete mobile Vega GPUs in a notebook. Vega, the same graphics architecture found in iMac Pro, delivers an enhanced compute engine and utilizes High Bandwidth Memory (HBM2). HBM2 doubles the memory bandwidth to the GPU while doing so at considerably lower power, so more of the graphics power budget can be used by the GPU itself. The result is significantly faster graphics performance — up to 60 percent faster than the Radeon Pro 560X3 — for tackling demanding video, 3D, rendering, and compute workloads.
Blackmagic eGPU and eGPU Pro
Desktop-class graphics without the desktop.
Blackmagic Design has created two external GPUs (eGPUs) ideal for MacBook Pro.4 So you can have desktop-class graphics performance without giving up the portability of a notebook. Housed in an all-in-one aluminum enclosure, Blackmagic eGPUs are powerful yet quiet, charge your Mac using Thunderbolt 3, and have built-in I/O connections to drive both a Thunderbolt 3 display and VR accessories simultaneously. Choose the Blackmagic eGPU to accelerate pro apps and enjoy supersmooth gaming or the Blackmagic eGPU Pro for the ultimate workstation-class graphics performance for your pro app workflows and VR content creation.
Apple T2 Security Chip
The next generation of security.
MacBook Pro is equipped with the Apple T2 Security Chip — our second‑generation custom Mac silicon designed to make everything you do even more secure. Featured on the 13- and 15‑inch models with Touch Bar, the Apple T2 Security Chip includes a Secure Enclave coprocessor that provides the foundation for secure boot and encrypted storage capabilities. It also consolidates many discrete controllers, including the system management controller, audio controller, and SSD controller, into one. And the Apple T2 Security Chip brings a familiar voice to MacBook Pro — Hey Siri is always ready to open apps, find documents, play music, or answer your questions.
Make quicker work of everything.
MacBook Pro includes a solid-state drive that’s blazing fast, with sequential read speeds up to 3.2GB/s. The 15‑inch model is available with up to a 4TB SSD, and the 13‑inch MacBook Pro with Touch Bar is available with up to a 2TB SSD — enough space to take even your biggest files with you, like large photo libraries or video projects. So you can boot up, launch multiple apps, or import huge files in a flash. And with the Apple T2 Security Chip, everything is automatically encrypted on the fly.
The most powerful and versatile port ever.
Thunderbolt 3 combines ultra‑high bandwidth with the ultra‑versatility of the USB‑C industry standard to create one revved‑up universal port. It integrates data transfer, charging, and video output in a single connector, delivering up to 40Gb/s of throughput for twice the bandwidth of Thunderbolt 2. Both sizes of MacBook Pro are available with up to four ports, so you can do all of that from either side. Existing devices are easily connected with a cable or adapter. And Thunderbolt 3 is reversible, so no matter how you plug in, it’s always right side up.
More ways to be productive. Always within reach.
The Touch Bar replaces the function keys that have long occupied the top of your keyboard with something much more versatile and capable.5 It changes automatically based on what you’re doing to show you relevant tools that are intuitive to use — system controls like volume and brightness, interactive ways to adjust or browse through content, and intelligent typing features like emoji and predictive text, just to name a few.
Tap it. Hold it. Flick it. Slide it.
Familiar gestures make it easy to use the Touch Bar. Tap to expand the Control Strip, flick to adjust volume and brightness, or slide to rewind while watching a movie.
Tap to move between tabs in Safari.
Touch and Hold
Touch and hold to see original versions of your photos while editing.
Flick your finger to adjust brightness and volume.
Slide to choose a font color in your Keynote slides.
Just what you need. Right where you need it.
Many of the built-in apps on your MacBook Pro have Touch Bar controls that make common actions like sending an email or formatting a document even easier. The Touch Bar changes to match the app you’re using, bringing these shortcuts front and center. And third-party apps can take advantage of the Touch Bar as well.
Customize what you use most.
You can create shortcuts right in your Control Strip and in apps like Mail, Pages, Safari, and Final Cut Pro X to help you work faster and be more productive.
Advanced security. Right at your fingertip.
Unlock your Mac in an instant. Use Apple Pay to make secure online purchases. Quickly access system settings and locked notes. And even switch between users — all with the touch of a finger.
Display and Audio
Easy on the eyes. Music to your ears.
The Retina display in MacBook Pro is the best ever in a Mac notebook. It features bright LED backlighting and a high contrast ratio, delivering deep blacks and bright whites. It supports P3 wide color for even more vibrant greens and reds than with sRGB. And the 13- and 15‑inch models with Touch Bar feature True Tone technology. The white balance automatically adjusts to match the color temperature of the light around you — for a more natural viewing experience. MacBook Pro has beautifully balanced, high‑fidelity sound that takes listening to new levels with wide dynamic range and more bass for maximum boom. And the speakers are connected directly to system power, enabling greater peak amplification. So you can mix a track on the fly, edit video on location, or enjoy a movie on the go.
Keyboard and Trackpad
Your workspace just got quieter.
The MacBook Pro keyboard features a butterfly mechanism — providing four times more key stability than a traditional scissor mechanism, along with greater comfort. The 13- and 15‑inch MacBook Pro models with Touch Bar feature a keyboard with a quieter typing experience. And the spacious Force Touch trackpad gives your fingers plenty of room to gesture and click.
Featuring Dark Mode, new pro-inspired features, three new apps, and a redesigned Mac App Store.
1.Testing conducted by Apple in April 2019 using preproduction 2.4GHz 8-core Intel Core i9-based 15-inch MacBook Pro systems with 32GB of RAM and 2TB SSD; and shipping 3.1GHz quad-core Intel Core i7-based 15-inch MacBook Pro systems with 16GB of RAM and 2TB SSD. Tested with Final Cut Pro 10.4.6 using a 50-second Multicam project with 11 streams of Apple ProRes RAW video, at 4096x2160 resolution and 23.98 frames per second. Multicam playback with Angle Viewer in Final Cut Pro was set to display 16 angles. Performance tests are conducted using specific computer systems and reflect the approximate performance of MacBook Pro.
2.Testing conducted by Apple in April 2019 using preproduction 2.8GHz quad-core Intel Core i7-based 13-inch MacBook Pro systems with 16GB of RAM, and preproduction 2.4GHz 8-core Intel Core i9-based 15-inch MacBook Pro systems with 32GB of RAM; and shipping 3.5GHz dual-core Intel Core i7-based 13-inch MacBook Pro systems, as well as shipping 3.1GHz quad-core Intel Core i7-based 15-inch MacBook Pro systems, both configured with 16GB of RAM. Autodesk Maya 2019 tested using a 144.8MB scene. Performance tests are conducted using specific computer systems and reflect the approximate performance of MacBook Pro.
3.Testing conducted by Apple in October 2018 using preproduction 2.9GHz 6-core Intel Core i9-based 15-inch MacBook Pro systems with Radeon Pro Vega 20 graphics, and shipping 2.9GHz 6-core Intel Core i9-based 15-inch MacBook Pro systems with Radeon Pro 560X graphics, both configured with 32GB of RAM and 4TB SSD. Cinema 4D R20 tested using a 15.7MB scene. Performance tests are conducted using specific computer systems and reflect the approximate performance of MacBook Pro.
5.Available on select models.
- Space Gray
- Touch Bar with integrated Touch ID sensor
- 15.4-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display with IPS technology; 2880-by-1800 native resolution at 220 pixels per inch with support for millions of colors
- Supported scaled resolutions:
- 1920 by 1200
- 1680 by 1050
- 1280 by 800
- 1024 by 640
- 500 nits brightness
- Wide color (P3)
- True Tone technology
- 2.3GHz 8-core Intel Core i9, Turbo Boost up to 4.8GHz, with 16MB shared L3 cache
- Configurable to 2.4GHz 8-core Intel Core i9, Turbo Boost up to 5.0GHz, with 16MB shared L3 cache
- 512GB SSD
- Configurable to 1TB, 2TB, or 4TB SSD
- 16GB of 2400MHz DDR4 onboard memory
- Configurable to 32GB of memory
- Radeon Pro 560X with 4GB of GDDR5 memory and automatic graphics switching
- Intel UHD Graphics 630
- Configurable to Radeon Pro Vega 16 with 4GB of HBM2 memory or Radeon Pro Vega 20 with 4GB of HBM2 memory
Charging and Expansion
- Four Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports with support for:
- Thunderbolt (up to 40Gb/s)
- USB 3.1 Gen 2 (up to 10Gb/s)
Keyboard and Trackpad
Full-size backlit keyboard with:
- 64 (ANSI) or 65 (ISO) keys including 4 arrow keys
- Touch Bar with integrated Touch ID sensor
- Ambient light sensor
- Force Touch trackpad for precise cursor control and pressure-sensing capabilities; enables Force clicks, accelerators, pressure-sensitive drawing, and Multi-Touch gestures
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless networking; IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible
- Bluetooth 5.0 wireless technology
- 720p FaceTime HD camera
Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display at millions of colors and:
- Up to two displays with 5120-by-2880 resolution at 60Hz at over a billion colors
- Up to four displays with 4096-by-2304 resolution at 60Hz at over a billion colors
Thunderbolt 3 digital video output
- Native DisplayPort output over USB‑C
- VGA, HDMI, DVI, and Thunderbolt 2 output supported using adapters (sold separately)
- Stereo speakers with high dynamic range
- Three microphones
- 3.5 mm headphone jack
Battery and Power2
- Up to 10 hours wireless web
- Up to 10 hours iTunes movie playback
- Up to 30 days of standby time
- Built-in 83.6-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery
- 87W USB-C Power Adapter
- Line voltage: 100V to 240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
- Operating temperature: 10° to 35° C (50° to 95° F)
- Storage temperature: –25° to 45° C (–13° to 113° F)
- Relative humidity: 0% to 90% noncondensing
- Operating altitude: tested up to 3,000 meters (10,000 feet)
- Maximum storage altitude: 4,500 meters (15,000 feet)
- Maximum shipping altitude: 10,500 meters (35,000 feet)
Size and Weight
- Height: 1.55 cm (0.61 inch)
- Width: 34.93 cm (13.75 inches)
- Depth: 24.07 cm (9.48 inches)
- Weight: 1.83 kg (4.02 pounds)3
- macOS is the operating system that powers everything you do on a Mac. macOS Mojave brings new features inspired by its most powerful users but designed for everyone. So you can get more out of every click.
- Accessibility features help people with disabilities get the most out of their new MacBook Pro. With built-in support for vision, hearing, physical and motor skills, and learning and literacy, you can create and do amazing things.
- Features include:
- Increase Contrast
- Reduce Motion
- Siri and Dictation
- Switch Control
- Closed Captions
- Text to Speech
- Voice Memos
- Photo Booth
- App Store
- Time Machine
1. 1GB = 1 billion bytes and 1TB = 1 trillion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
2. Testing conducted by Apple in April 2019 using preproduction 2.4GHz quad-core Intel Core i5-based 13-inch MacBook Pro systems with 8GB of RAM and 512GB SSD; and preproduction 2.3GHz 8-core Intel Core i9-based 15-inch MacBook Pro systems with 16GB of RAM and 512GB SSD. Testing conducted by Apple in May 2017 using preproduction 2.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5-based 13-inch MacBook Pro systems with 8GB of RAM and 1TB SSD. The wireless web test measures battery life by wirelessly browsing 25 popular websites with display brightness set to 12 clicks from bottom or 75%. The iTunes movie playback test measures battery life by playing back HD 1080p content with display brightness set to 12 clicks from bottom or 75%. The standby test measures battery life by allowing a system, connected to a wireless network and signed in to an iCloud account, to enter standby mode with Safari and Mail applications launched and all system settings left at default. Battery life varies by use and configuration. See www.apple.com/hk/en/batteries for more information.
3. Weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
4. iMovie, GarageBand, Pages, Numbers, and Keynote are available on the Mac App Store. Downloading apps requires an Apple ID and a device that is compatible with the OS version required for each app.
In the box
- 15-inch MacBook Pro
- 87W USB-C Power Adapter
- USB-C Charge Cable (2 m)